Crysandrean Wait
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ok, To clareify question

3 posters

Go down

Ok, To clareify question Empty Ok, To clareify question

Post by Eboneye Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:41 pm

I asked a question earlier and apparently I didn't explain it clearly. Some one was nice enough to try and answer it but it wasn't what I had asked....at least I don't think it was. The thread was locked (probably because I said it didn't matter) so here is another one.
Here it is again,Hopefully more clear then before. When you go to Memberlist there is the list of everyone. I see the Administrators and the Moderators then there are a lot of people with bright green for the names and then there are 3 of us with the blueish greenish color...my username, Delta and The Emo Duck too. That's what I see. Just us. Wondered why.
Honestly I didn't mean to annoy.
Eboneye
Eboneye

Back to top Go down

Ok, To clareify question Empty Re: Ok, To clareify question

Post by sirlionelnigelconrad Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:34 pm

I think what is going on is that the names are being treated like links.

Have you ever been to a webpage and linked on a link that was once blue, and it turned purple? This is called a vlink, or visited link. It is to specify that you have been there before, and thus you may already know what is on the page. It is a very early part of the html schema.

The Emo Duck was bright green for me. I clicked on her name and then checked again on the front page (happy upcoming birthday btw) and now she is a darker blueish green. Thus my conclusion is, the names are being treated as vlinks.

This is not a usual behavior for a forum site, from my experience, but it is how the site is designed. I don't think the admins have any control over this but I could be wrong. It may be buried in the settings somewhere.

I hope that helps!

Edit1: I just read the other topic you made, and I think Fai did answer your question correctly. I hope my more detailed explanation helps. If you still don't understand feel free to PM me and discuss it.
sirlionelnigelconrad
sirlionelnigelconrad

Back to top Go down

Post by Fai Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:11 pm

Yes, they are. C: To me, all those names are bright green, not dull green. At some point, you clicked on those names. Now there's a record that you visited those links, so the names are dull green.

If you clear your cache/history? They'll go back to bright green.
Fai
Fai

Back to top Go down

Post by Eboneye Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:55 pm

Thank you, both of you.
Eboneye
Eboneye

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content