Crysandrean Wait
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ultimate Private Hangout

5 posters

Go down

Ultimate Private Hangout Empty Ultimate Private Hangout

Post by Ivazel Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:25 pm

This is my ultimate private hangout only for the elite and for the erm... What other words can I use to make it seem exclusive? Well all of them. Now where was I, oh yes... And you're all barred!

*Sits in the corner with her laptop and scribbles words on the screen, laughing manically away to herself*

Wait... I don't think I've done this right.

Fine.

Come in, talk, and let's keep busy until erm Crysandrea was it? Opens. God knows when. God knows why. God knows all.

P.s I don't like God. Lucifer is my bby.

P.s.s Seriously, you're all welcome. ^-^

P.s.s.s Maybe.
Ivazel
Ivazel

https://twitter.com/Ivazel

Back to top Go down

Ultimate Private Hangout Empty Re: Ultimate Private Hangout

Post by Wyakin Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:55 am

*sits in a corner with her cat, laptop and a ton of books and papers*

Oh yay, hopefully something to keep me entertained while I revise and work on my uni project!

Wyakin

Back to top Go down

Post by Maru13 Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:25 am

*finds a cushy seat and curls up with her Kindle as she chuckles at finding free eBooks* weberbooks.com/kindle so many books o.o if anyone has a kindle

Maru13
Maru13

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivazel Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:11 pm

*Places her laptop down and tries to ninja Wyakin’s cat away, but ends up giggling at her evil plan* :d

Tons of books and papers? Don’t tell me you’ve got a lot of assignments or paperwork to do, do you? That would suck. (I have no idea what you do, and trying to word that was an absolute pain in the ass!)

Ooh books <3 Find any good ones lately, Maru?

I need another. I wanted to read the new one Jeffery Deaver brought out but I think I may actually have to go out and buy it. Not that I haven’t done that for the rest, I have, I just like to read them sometimes online first so I know I like them. Which duh, I always do. But still! D: It’s complicated!!
Ivazel
Ivazel

https://twitter.com/Ivazel

Back to top Go down

Post by Maru13 Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:22 am

I finished the first three books of the Descent series, my friend had eLoaned it so I had to finish them in 2wks. o.o Now I am back to A Turn of Light, which is the first book in a series. I tend to go for the more fantasy/supernatural types...but with the fee books and being able to do samples I've been trying out other genres. Which once I finish A Turn of Light I'm gonna get to those samples so I can decide on those. Then it will be interesting deciding which of my other books to go for.

I'm a huge Anne Bishop fan so any book she puts out I have to have. I have a sample of one of the books she wrote a story in. Wanted to check it out before diving into it. So I get want you mean, as I'll probably end up getting the book anyways. ^_^

Maru13
Maru13

Back to top Go down

Post by Wyakin Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:23 am

Hey, no cat stealing! D:

I'm working on my final year university project and he's the only one keeping me company. It's due by the end of this month, so I'm now reviewing and editing my paper and fixing bugs in my code. I usually alternate that with exam revision, playing with my cat, or weeping in a corner.

I'll only be done with everything by the end of May, so don't tempt me with books, people! I already have a long list of books I want to read! And an equally long list of games I want to play.

Wyakin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirlionelnigelconrad Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:51 am

What about me what about me? I keep people company when I'm not at work! Which is always.
sirlionelnigelconrad
sirlionelnigelconrad

Back to top Go down

Post by Wyakin Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:49 pm

Your company is very much appreciated! But my cat also provides cuddles, moral support, random leg tackles and significant contributions to my report.

Wyakin

Back to top Go down

Post by Maru13 Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:30 am

Good luck with everything Wyakin. I recall my final year in Uni. and my lovely thesis paper Dx all 35+ pages m(_)m and I still only managed a C on that, but a B in the class.
Maru13
Maru13

Back to top Go down

Post by Wyakin Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:45 pm

Thanks! ^_^ What was your thesis on?

I have to write a piece of software, a paper describing it and linking it to relevant research, and of course, present it. However, none of these contribute to the overall mark apart from the final report.

Wyakin

Back to top Go down

Post by Maru13 Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:04 am

My thesis was "Transmission of Japanese culture through film in 1960s America to present". I was trying to show how Japanese culture and especially films had influenced American pop culture way before the big Anime boom in the 90s. Especially Godzilla, a creature created as a cathartic outlet for the bombs in WW2 is now parodied in shows like Rugrats and icon'ed on Tshirts in HotTopic and so on. Problem was that I was working with Popular culture, and also trying to tie in present day popular culture. So it was a trick of finding sources for present day(which there isn't much and they wanted at least 10yr old sources as they are "more accurate") >.> history papers, gotta love 'em. Also I think there is something off about my writing style, some of my history teachers loved it gave it either Bs or As, but this teacher and one other only ever gave me Cs. I guess I'm still stuck in that "Speak to a common audience" and these teachers wanted "Speak to a PhD audience". *shrugs*

Our participation, sources, as well as the drafts, and of course the final paper all went into the overall grade. Ergo the C on paper and B for the class.

What kind of software?
Maru13
Maru13

Back to top Go down

Post by Wyakin Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:56 pm

That actually sounds interesting!

I'm creating a multiplayer version of the RoboRally boardgame and linking it to theory on concurrency. That's when you've got multiple processes executing at the same time, which can interact with each other and give you wrong results, or get stuck altogether. The point of it is to show the pitfalls of concurrent programming, how to avoid deadlocks etc.

This is usually confusing to most people, so I end up excitedly talking about my project only to get blank stares .__.

Wyakin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenome MoMoshima Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:12 pm

//poofs on and hides in the shadows
Kenome MoMoshima
Kenome MoMoshima

http://randomspoutsofawesome.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Maru13 Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:41 am

Thanks, I really enjoyed working on it. ^_^

I do get most of that as I'm into computers. Though as far as programming goes the only coding I've done is C++, Visual Basic, HTML, CSS, and Java(though I dropping it because the teacher was being an ass). I'm one opf those people that if you give me the basic logic structure for a code I can then use that to help me make whatever project I need to. But when I don't get how the logic works and there is no example to get an idea I get stuck. The teacher felt that since I already knew C++ that I would automatically get Java, it was like apples and oranges to me and I got frustrated with it. *shrugs*

Maru13
Maru13

Back to top Go down

Post by Wyakin Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:23 am

First language I ever learned was Pascal when I was 10 or 11. I still remember basic stuff and I'd be able to understand and translate it to another language I know better. Then I did C/C++ intensively for about 4 years, along with some PHP, MySQL and Visual FoxPro during my final year. I had a really awesome teacher, so I actually enjoyed it. A lot of my classmates found it almost impossible, though, mostly because they couldn't figure out basic logic and structure. Then again, most of them weren't even interested in attempting to understand it.

Then in uni we mostly did Java, more web programming, databases and some logic languages. Having done C++, the basics of Java were really easy to grasp, so I had more time to focus on understanding the object-oriented bit which I hadn't done before.

Wyakin

Back to top Go down

Post by Maru13 Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:35 pm

Well it was eh about 7yrs ago so that is all I really recall of the whole thing. ^^; I wanted to go more into Audio Visual aspect of tech work, but there weren't any programs with any of the schools. So I just went a head with my other Major and got my BA in History with a minor in Japanese. Now with the way the job market is I should have just double majored *shrugs* ah well. I loved my classes at Uni so can't say I regret any of it. Just annoyed with the job market.
Maru13
Maru13

Back to top Go down

Post by Wyakin Wed May 08, 2013 7:20 am

Up until my last three years of school I was convinced I'd go on to study Medicine. Then most of my teachers and classmates kept telling me I should do Architecture since I was really good at Maths and Art.

In the end, I decided I loved programming too much, so I enrolled in a Computer Science degree. Then my dad convinced me to take Finance and Banking as well, since it would be such a perfect combination. He even gave a long, detailed and thoroughly researched presentation explaining why. So now I'm doing two BSc degrees at once. Yep, not a double major. Two separate degrees. At the same time. Because sleep and a social life are too mainstream.

Also, I just had my final project presentation!! I still have a few exams left though, but it feels so good to finally be done with most of the stress! O_O

Wyakin

Back to top Go down

Post by Maru13 Wed May 08, 2013 7:09 pm

Good luck!

I'm slightly tempted to go ask one of the game system repair stores if I could work with them to learn repair. I dunno, just gonna work off what is on my plate right now, but keep thinking over trying out different things to find my "career"
Maru13
Maru13

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down