Crysandrean Wait
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Animes worth watching

+8
Ivazel
Reicheru/Kisalina
iggs
sirlionelnigelconrad
Konti
Ego
Fai
Lacisum
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Animes worth watching Empty Animes worth watching

Post by Lacisum Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:33 pm

Everyone has em, it depends on tastes. For me I like dark animes or dark comedies, like wallflower (comedy romance with some twisted themes.) and hell girl, a show about revenge. I also love some cyberpunks (determining some factors.) steampunks, and even magical girl types. Is this a zombie? Is a favorite as well.is there any types you like? Any specific animes? Even those unheard of?

Lacisum

Back to top Go down

Animes worth watching Empty Re: Animes worth watching

Post by Fai Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:12 pm

I like Elfen Lied and Binbougami Ga. You can look into them if you like. c:
Fai
Fai

Back to top Go down

Post by Ego Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:15 pm

Steampunk?

Steamboy is the natural recommendation. If you haven't already seen that movie, go watch this four minute music video made using scenes from it.
Ego
Ego

Back to top Go down

Post by Lacisum Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:40 am

Seen steampunk boy. I love that movie.

Binbougami? I will, I heard ellen is bloody.

Lacisum

Back to top Go down

Post by Fai Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:16 am

Binbougami ga.
It's single handedly the most hilarious anime I've ever watched.
Fai
Fai

Back to top Go down

Post by Konti Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:55 am

@Fai: Elfen Lied is fantastic but sad. I didn't quite understand the ending, but I hope that it was really left up to the viewer's interpretation...and I chose to interpret it to be a bittersweet ending.

@Ego: I wouldn't say I'm a fan of steampunk but I do find it interesting. That AMV you posted makes the Steamboy movie look pretty neat...gonna have to check it out!

@everyone: I tend to like high fantasy, comedy, horror, or action genres (or combinations thereof). Some of my favorite anime series' are Saiyuki, Paranoia Agent, Serial Experiments: Lain, Fairy Tail, Rave Master, Pokemon (does it count? idk), Chobits, Samurai Champloo, Legend of Basara, Flame of Recca and High School of the Dead. I grew up watching Dragonball Z and reading Fruits Basket. xD Classics.
Konti
Konti

http://deokai.wix.com/deo#!

Back to top Go down

Post by sirlionelnigelconrad Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:44 am

If you don't mind an old fashioned hand drawn anime, Ayashi no Ceres is a pretty good dark anime. It has many upbeat moments but is overall pretty damn gloomy. I'm still surprised it was as recent as 2000, could have swore it was older when I saw it.

I also suggest Noir if you are looking at a revenge/uncovering the past type.

Yes Konti, Pokemon totally counts! And isn't that bad an anime really. I mean, relatively speaking, most anime is uninteresting garbage. We just happen to get, and hear, about the mostly good ones. Or the ones that happen to come along with a video game franchise...
sirlionelnigelconrad
sirlionelnigelconrad

Back to top Go down

Post by iggs Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:14 pm

Is It A Zombie? is hilarious. xD

Well a couple that I really love are Sword Art Online, Eden of the East, D.Gray Man, and Sasami-San is really funny as well. Currently I'm watching Dragon Drive and it's pretty interesting. :3
iggs
iggs

Back to top Go down

Post by Lacisum Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:52 pm

Thanks for the suggestions.

Yeah is it a zombie is a ton of laughs, still need to finishe second season though.
Tried sword art online, but it looks like I just cannot get into it. Eden of the east is good, d gray man is ok. Shugo I will take up that offer, I seen the title but never picked it up.noir I have seen though its ok but for some reason it feels a little confusing.
Konti: I have seen pretty much all of those. Makes me think I am finally running outta anime to watch.

Lacisum

Back to top Go down

Post by Fai Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:00 pm

I haven't been watching too many animes lately. I've been trying to keep up with my regular shows as it is. D:
Fai
Fai

Back to top Go down

Post by Reicheru/Kisalina Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:24 am

I think I'll stick with my romance anime. I do love Wallflower and I enjoyed Fruits Basket, Not a big fan of the rest I did like Sailormoon as a kid, but I couldn't watch it now. I used to watch Descendants of Darkness, which was alright, Black Butler which although the characters were cool, Not into the horror/blood thing which is ironic but yeah. I'm not one to know about dark romantic anime though o.o. I personally loved Fairy Tail, Soul Eater, I can't remember much else right now though.
Reicheru/Kisalina
Reicheru/Kisalina

Back to top Go down

Post by sirlionelnigelconrad Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:56 am

Reicheru, you should check out Bakemonogatari if you want a passive-aggressive romance story. It kind of defies explanation, but has supernatural mixed with every day "school life" and relies HEAVILY on Japanese language puns. They are pretty easy to follow if you have a good fansub. It does have some female nudity but nothing they wouldn't allow children to watch in Japan. Happy ending as well! Weird love story though, never seen one in an anime quite like it.

Fai, I know what you mean about catching up on shows. I have a gigantic backlog of Youtube videos and anime I need to watch. So much media that is so good but so little time outside of work T_T.

Lacisum, Noir was one of those backstory heavy anime that get very involved. I tend to like those for the in depth twists, but if you miss an episode or don't pay attention to a certain part in one, you can quickly wonder wtf just happened.
sirlionelnigelconrad
sirlionelnigelconrad

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivazel Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:20 am

I've not watched all that many anime, but those that I tend to shy away from are ones that portray females in an overly sexual manner or if the romance in it is far too cliche.

The ones I've watched and enjoyed are Deadman Wonderland, Puella Magi Madoka Magica, FMA:Brotherhood, Sword Art Online. A few of these are not something I thought I'd like but have.

I've tried watching more popular ones like Elfen Lied (mentioned by a few people above), and some Naruto, Death Note, Ghost in the Shell, Gantz (terrible) etc but none have taken my fancy.

What would people recommend based on that?
Ivazel
Ivazel

https://twitter.com/Ivazel

Back to top Go down

Post by sirlionelnigelconrad Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:27 am

A lot of the newer anime seem to have a few token sexual fantasy events for female characters. Gone are the days of a simple hot springs titsup... I seem to recall Sword Art Online had a few? That is one I need to watch, is it out in English yet?

If you like a fantasy setting in old sword and spell style, Scrapped Princess is a good anime. Granted, it is kind of pseudo religion heavy, and doesn't exactly stay the same genre throughout, but it has a few amazingly emotional events that you will never forget. I also quite enjoyed some of the characters personal quirks. Very much a "aventure grande" style.
sirlionelnigelconrad
sirlionelnigelconrad

Back to top Go down

Post by Reicheru/Kisalina Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:27 pm

I shall look that one up Sir.

And yeah well I have read more manga/manwa then I have watched Anime, And I think at least 50% of the manga I read have the anime as well. I don't know if I can post a list of the anime and manga I have actually read and watched but I can say like Ivazel I tried watching Naruto, Bleach, etc, and I don't care for them. Although I watched one of the Naruto Movies with a couple 'friends' and I was the only one laughing at it But yeah, not a big fan with action. Soul Eater is as far as I can go to what I consider to bloody, but the comedy makes up for it. Also I do want to mention I have seen Death Note, didn't care for it, but I did like Black Butler despite the bloodyness oh and Elfen Lied, not a big fan of that one. >_>

So your wanting some anime that the female lead isn't over sexual like horny or the typical huge breasted type sexual icon? And well so far everything I've seem to have watched Konti called it Cliche even though they do have twists and such >.<
Reicheru/Kisalina
Reicheru/Kisalina

Back to top Go down

Post by sirlionelnigelconrad Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:22 pm

Japan has a thing for sexual interests. Maybe it is to bring in the male audience, although I would assume they are already watching. Perhaps it is more cultural? I really don't mind an overt sex segment or two but once it becomes pervasive throughout a series it can be dull. A few pull it off okay. Love Hina was actually pretty tasteful for being a full out hornball fantasy. Of course the fact half of the females he was around would and could easily murder him was a factor...
sirlionelnigelconrad
sirlionelnigelconrad

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivazel Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:11 pm

sirlionelnigelconrad wrote:...I really don't mind an overt sex segment or two but once it becomes pervasive throughout a series it can be dull....
And very unneeded. What ones have you watched that pulled it off well, apart from the one you've just mentioned?

Reicheru wrote:So your wanting some anime that the female lead isn't over sexual like horny or the typical huge breasted type sexual icon?...
That exactly.
Ivazel
Ivazel

Back to top Go down

Post by Reicheru/Kisalina Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:22 pm

Hmm alright, Well I'm not sure about many good animes that aren't overly cliche with small breastisis but I can tell you a list of anime that you might like. Not 100% sure but here is Ao no Exorcist, which I watched on the Xbox one day and fell in love with it Then there is of course Soul Eater which the main girl has small breastisis. There is also Saiunkoku which I thought was so cute! Shakugan no Shana doesn't have a big breastisis lead girl either. Kaichou wa Maid-sama! is cute, and I don't think it's cliche personally but you can be the judge. There's also I think it's either Jellyfish princess of Princess Jellyfish but it's kinda cute in it's weird kinda way. About a Jellyfish Otaku who isn't the most beautiful girl and lives in a apartment complex with other Otaku, meets this guy who lookes so beautiful that he dresses up as a girl. Kaleido Star is good too if you like acrobatic anime, I loved it alot and isn't really romantic at all but it's still good. Ramna 1/2 is always good for an older feel like Inuyasha, created by the same author. Kaze no Stigma was good but it was a pain in the ass, I was quite disappointed only because I wanted the two main chara's to get together. Kämpfer although has a big breastisis it's still good, I enjoyed reading it but you can watch it, It's a gender-bender anime. Got
Kekkaishi of course which is paranormal but fun There is also Kyo Kara Moah which I loved as well, about a boy named Yuri who gets teleported into a magical world by getting a swirlie xD Lastly there is the the movies Hayao Miyazaki made, such as Spirited Away, Howl's Moving Castle and Ponyo to name a few. Hopes this helps ^^
Reicheru/Kisalina
Reicheru/Kisalina

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncanny Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:35 am

'dark' anime's:

Akira
Black Lagoon
Blade of the Immortal
Blood+
Canaan
Claymore (Manga is better)
Darker Than Black
Deadman Wonderland
Death Note
Durarara!!
Hellsing Ultimate (don't bother with the non-OVA)
Ichi The Killer: Episode 0 (warning very mature themes)
Innocent Venus
Mirai Nikki
Monster
Perfect Blue
Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom
Psycho-Pass
Shiki
Speed Grapher
Sword of the Stranger

A few of those are films.
If you were asking for manga, this would have been easier.
Uncanny
Uncanny

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivazel Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:20 am

Started watching Claymore by accident (was looking for something else with a similar name). Only about six episodes in but I really love the main character, she kind of reminds me of myself. o.o

Anyone seen it and what's your opinions on it?

@Uncanny: Have you seen the Hellsing abridged episodes on youtube? (Seen as I saw Hellsing on your list - be it the OVA but still). Holy shit, those are funny as.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TgnIjJexut4
Ivazel
Ivazel

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncanny Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:16 pm

Ivazel wrote:
Started watching Claymore by accident (was looking for something else with a similar name). Only about six episodes in but I really love the main character, she kind of reminds me of myself. o.o

Anyone seen it and what's your opinions on it?

@Uncanny: Have you seen the Hellsing abridged episodes on youtube? (Seen as I saw Hellsing on your list - be it the OVA but still). Holy shit, those are funny as.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TgnIjJexut4

Just a heads up, the manga for Claymore is far more satisfactory, because the ending for the anime is not really a real ending.
It's kind of like the ending of D. Gray Man, it just kind of drops it.

No, I haven't. I'll check it out later.
Uncanny
Uncanny

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivazel Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:54 pm

Alright I'll be sure to check out the mange then afterwards, thank you. ^^ Not sure where I'll find it though, seen as it's probably not as readily available I assume.
Haven't seen D. Gray Man so I wouldn't know. Will take your word for it.

Tell me what you think once you've watched it.
Ivazel
Ivazel

Back to top Go down

Post by Reicheru/Kisalina Sat Mar 23, 2013 5:16 pm

I've seen Claymore and I myself didn't care for it. I don't know why but I just didn't care for it. I didn't watch the whole anime but just a couple episodes. I am just a weird romantic fan when it comes to anime. But not all, I am picky with it.
Reicheru/Kisalina
Reicheru/Kisalina

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncanny Sat Mar 23, 2013 5:50 pm

Ivazel wrote:Alright I'll be sure to check out the mange then afterwards, thank you. ^^ Not sure where I'll find it though, seen as it's probably not as readily available I assume.
Haven't seen D. Gray Man so I wouldn't know. Will take your word for it.

Tell me what you think once you've watched it.

http://www.mangahere.com/manga/claymore/v01/c001/
There you go, that's where you find it.

I watched it, it was entertaining. That's about it though.
Uncanny
Uncanny

Back to top Go down

Post by Asch Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:31 pm

hunter x hunter! it's pretty cheerful & comedic but
it does have some dark themes sometimes.. the art is pretty old fashioned
i don't really know many dark animes.. hm
maybe try neon genesis evangelion?

some animes i like tho ->
rurouni kenshin
samurai champloo