Finding oldish Tv series you love

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Finding oldish Tv series you love

Post by Ivazel on Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:28 pm

Strictly live show ones, no anime bullcrap here. xD

What are some shows you’ve come across and liked? Or loved?

I came across Dark Angel yesterday after seeing a gif from it countless times on Tumblr, with Jensen Ackles in, and I finally gave in and decided to put it on. I think it was made in 2001 or round about but I absolutely love the program now. I’m currently on series one, 20 or so episodes in.

I hear that America cancelled it after the second series. My friend suspects it’s because they couldn’t understand it (lol) but either way I’m a bit sad as I’d love to see more of this. Still it’s got two series and I’m looking forward to delving into the second one, even if too I’ve heard the ending is horrible.
Ivazel

View user profile https://twitter.com/Ivazel

Back to top Go down

Re: Finding oldish Tv series you love

Post by Wyakin on Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:14 pm

I know that series! I used to watch it with my grandmother ages ago when I was still in primary school I think. She loved science fiction, so we always watched stuff when I was at her place. Mostly Doctor Who and Star Trek.

Back to Dark Angel now. I really liked it and watched the whole series a few times. However, I do feel the ending to the second series was a bit rushed and incomplete, but there are some books you can get on Amazon where the story continues to a more acceptable ending from what I've heard.

Wyakin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Maru13 on Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:00 am

I vaguely recall Dark Angel. ^^ I'll have to see if that is on Netflix. Another great series that was cancelled too early was FireFly.

If we want to go rather old school scifi Alien Nation! Opening Theme Ship crash lands near Los Angeles and now we have a group of Aliens living on earth so it goes through all the usual issues of race and getting along with another group of people. Plus the best part is how the roles of male/female is with the Newcomers. xD I watched it with my mom when I was little so I ended up buying the series and the movies they made, and had my friends watch it. xD so much fun.

Looks like they have the Pilot eps
Maru13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Maru13 on Sun Apr 28, 2013 3:52 am

p.s. ... now I am re-watching Alien Nation on Youtube xD Oh and the Pilot eps is about an hour or more long...little mini movie.
Maru13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivazel on Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:18 am

I don't suppose you could link me to the books on Amizon could you, Wyakin? Or would a simple search bring them up? I was planning to look for some good fanfics for the ending, because I've got a feeling without something I'm not going to be satisfied.

Ah Firefly. That's another one my list to watch. Keep hearing good things about it, plus it's got Nathan Fillion (did i spell his name right?) in and I love him in Castle.

Maru, are you planing to rewath the whole thing of Alien Nation? The video doesn't look too bad. As for actual looks of those alian guys, erm... They definitely could've made them prettier. :L
Ivazel

View user profile https://twitter.com/Ivazel

Back to top Go down

Post by Wyakin on Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:21 am

Here you go, Ivazel:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Dark-Angel-Max-Allan-Collins/dp/0345451848/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1367325119&sr=8-1&keywords=after+dark+dark+angel

http://www.amazon.co.uk/DARK-ANGEL-Collins-Paperbound-01-Oct-2002/dp/B0059ECDW0/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1367325285&sr=1-1&keywords=dark+angel+before+the+dawn

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Dark-Angel-Max-Allan-Collins/dp/034545183X/ref=la_B000APBJZK_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1367325212&sr=1-4

Not sure exactly what order they should be read in, but judging by the titles, I assume Before the Dawn is a prequel and After the Dark is a sequel. Not sure about the last one, though.

Just remembered a few more TV series I used to enjoy as a child: The X Files, Seven Days (or 7 Days, not sure, it was something about time travel) and Airwolf. Can't remember much of Airwolf apart from the theme song and some guy with an eye patch. My grandfather used to love that series though.

Wyakin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Maru13 on Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:20 pm

@Ivazel: Yes I do, I just want to find my DVDs as the youtube vids quality is a bit meh. I love the aliens look this this. Makes me think of how they did aliens in Star Trek series and Babylon 5(which is another old series that is beautiful).
Maru13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Eboneye on Mon May 13, 2013 8:02 am

Hey. Have any of you watched Stargate Sg1? It started on 1997 and lasted for ten years. LOVED that show. The other Stargate shows were ok but just not quite the same.
Eboneye

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Maru13 on Fri May 24, 2013 8:37 am

I watched some of SG1, haven't gotten around to watching it all start to finish. ^^;
Maru13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top