Hey...what's going on with you?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Hey...what's going on with you?

Post by Maru13 on Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:17 pm

Well since it has been quiet and not a lot of posts, why not go with one that no matter when you pop in you can always say something. Since everyone always asks "what's going on with you" that is what this thread is all about. So lets get started yeah?

Well I am helping out my mom since she isn't able to drive and has a few doctor appointments to take care of. Also trying to juggle in with all of Kit's leaps and bounds. Hun spent most of his time with her saying "Da" so now all she says in "Da" ^^; and he was worried her first word would be "Mama" *rolleyes* silly man. I am still debating going back to school, seriously after being out since '09 and all this stuff going back is intimidating, but then again never getting call backs when applying for a job is also just as aggravating.

Oh funny thing, I can't do 3D movies due to my motion sickness, so I took some Dramamine. Good news, it works and I was able to enjoy some 3D Jurassic Park. Bad News, I had work later and the med ended up making me rather drowsey. Good part, I made it through my shift and got home fine, and slept like a log. I'm a light sleeper, so sleeping like a log and practically getting 8hrs of sleep, miracle is what that is.
Maru13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hey...what's going on with you?

Post by Maru13 on Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:48 pm

9 views and no posts? *waggles finger* shame /teases

that's fine I'll just keep going....woke up with dry sinuses...DX terribly painful. though the worst bit is finding that all the towels are dirty, so can't shower till those get cleaned. u.u; had asked hun to do a load a couple days ago...why is it so hard to do simple clean up/chores?
Maru13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Konti on Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:30 pm

Maru is the lone ranger keeping our forum alive. xD *applause*
Seriously though, where DID everybody go?
Going back to school might help with callbacks. But even if you don't decide to, I wouldn't give up. I took me a full year of applying and never getting hired before I got the job that I did...of course I was dumb and didn't really reach out for help from friends and neighbors until I was getting really desperate.

As far as my life goes, all goes well, which kind of scares me. I just hope that nothing goes horribly wrong.
Tomorrow I'm going to get my first apartment and next month I'm moving my long-distance girlfriend all the way cross-country to move in with me.
It's gonna be crazy. But I'm excited!

Work is going "eh" but at least I'm used to the pace by now and can ask for two days of paid off-time for the trip to get Reicheru.

I'm bored at work right now on my break. I can't wait for my life to pick up speed as it soon will!
Konti

View user profile http://deokai.wix.com/deo#!

Back to top Go down

Post by Eboneye on Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:53 pm

Hi! I had been wondering where everyone was but with nothing to really say I would only visit, see no one had posted, then leave.

Eboneye

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Maru13 on Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:08 am

Konti- Good luck with the apartment ^.~ and when living with a significant other always keep communication open, and find which quirks can be lived with and if there can be compromises. I lived with my hubby about 3yrs before we got married (a couple months till our anniversary even ^_^) and we're pretty good about all that.

Eboneye - I didn't really know what to say on here either, so I just put this thread up so it would make it easier to chat/keep up.

I'll keep trying, with both the applications and with going back to school. Right now I am really just hoping I can keep things together. I'm not sure if laying all this out with scare off conversation(why I held off), but at the same time I kind of need to get it out. My mom has cancer, ovarian, they had surgery to take out the mass back in Feb. She had some complications that had her in the hospital for 2wks and then another 3-4wks in a specialty care center. She is back home now, and we are working out getting her healed up before going on chemo. Well the cancer doc said that their is something odd with her pancreas and they want to do a scan to make sure she doesn't also have pancreatic cancer. Both of us are a bit floored on this, but we are holding on till after the results. trying my best to keep it together till after the results.

My plate is very full. So if I get all flighty on ya'll I don't mean to and I'll probably try focusing on cute/amusing stuff.
Maru13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Maru13 on Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:34 am

Cute and amusing stuff::

Watching Kit decided between the play table I got her and an empty box....yep that's right empty box trumps play table. xD

Also hun got the Avenger's briefcase movie pack and I have pictures of Kit eating the Tesseract. *snickers* also had the dog confused for a bit since she looooves to chase lights/laser pointer.
Maru13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Queen Evil Fluffy on Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:59 pm

I'm currently laughing at my husband in secret.
While he was gone I entered a pokemon competition. I did decently.
Now, he's entering one and he keeps testing his team and losing to the team I entered in the competition.
He keeps saying my team is unfair.
So I know deep down inside he is going to do terrible in the competition if he can't win against my drought team.
Queen Evil Fluffy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Maru13 on Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:15 am

*high fives Queen* that is awesome. I wish I had a team that could beat my hubby's team.

also was amusing with watching Kit eat the Tesseract that came with the Avenger special case. and now visualize this whole comic of a mom scolding the dad for leaving his 'key' lying around while baby noms on the Tesseract 'key'. xD
Maru13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Maru13 on Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:46 am

Well my update is that things seem to be going ok, for the most part. Still a bit crazy with helping out with mom and trying to ensure that I don't trip into worrying over the more negative what if's.

I've finished my armwarmers finally deviant link check 'em out. I'm also going to try for a matching hat. If all goes well I think I might have myself something amusing to try and make a few more of. ^^
Maru13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivazel on Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:19 pm

Konti wrote:Maru is the lone ranger keeping our forum alive. xD *applause* ...

I got a bit too lazy to quote the rest. Shame on me.

*Write some amazing things in here to wow people, which is far from the truth, but hey no one wants to hear boring shit, they want excitement. You eventually finish my post and are in awe, wanting to do what I have. The end.*
Ivazel

View user profile https://twitter.com/Ivazel

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivazel on Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:21 pm

Oh and nice arm warmers too. Can't say I'm particularly fond of the colours you've chosen, but the design is nice enough.
Ivazel

View user profile https://twitter.com/Ivazel

Back to top Go down

Post by Maru13 on Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:28 am

Well aside from my bucket of crazy stress(already posted a blurb on that). We went into the Chicago area while it was flooded. Getting to Mitsuwa was fine, even got some green tea kitkats, yeah that's right green tea kitkats. ^ 3^

It was the supposed to have been 15min drive to a deli our friend wanted/needed to get to, that turned into an hour drive as we had to keep turning around. Went back onto the highway and that kind of helped, but still had to detour a lot. Good thing this deli place had awesome sandwiches. But it was fun to get out and about and have a rather random adventure on top of it.
Maru13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Maru13 on Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:42 am

Fun filled weekend at work....had an issue that got escalated to the point I had to call my Boss...u.u; hate having to do that.

Kit is getting better at taking her 2-3 steps on her own, not a stumble walk.

Oh and also helped re-unite lost puppy with owner. Puppy didn't have tags, but coincidentally the owner had already called the county animal services. So when we called we got the owner's number.
Maru13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Maru13 on Sat May 11, 2013 3:27 am

totally been ignoring this...shame on me....xD

Mostly because I couldn't really think of anything...and the stuff going on with my mom is very stressful and also just frustrating. Doctors wont talk with me on anything when I ask, I am constantly left out of the loop yet I am the one helping to take care of my mom and make sure that she gets to her appointments. There is no support system mentioned and we're just left with just appointments and then go the fsk home type shit. wtf?! A friend told me to go to the cancer society's website...and I'm sitting at the main page scared to death to go look...fsk...m(_)m

Oh happier note, Kit is now 1, and has been walking a good couple feet between stuff she can hold onto. ^_^ I also have a new plant for my garden...that I need to plant soon.

Maru13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Maru13 on Fri May 24, 2013 9:12 am

Had a fun family trip out of town for the weekend, even with the little Kit. She also is getting better with walking. o.o She got into our pack of pops and pulled out a can and walked with it around the room. xD

Got my plant planted, and a bit of weeding done. Kinda crazy how little time I get to doing stuff around the house. ^^;

Stuff with Mom is going, no one has put a time stamp on her cancer, and I am not saying anything about what I read on the site about that. I know the doc's are wanting to see how the chemo goes, but still have to keep in the back of my mind to get stuff together for the 'if the worst happens'. Also was able to get more of the family to start helping out, I can't do this on my own.

Maru13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Maru13 on Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:25 am

Well....Mom is in Hospice care now...the irony is that all the shit we had been fighting with the doctors over has been taken care of my the Hospice people. We'd been fighting with them for a month to turn down the pressure on her wound vac, and all they did was try to toss more painkillers at her. Now she has it off completely and she has less pressure on her stomach and she has a new acid reflux med so she finally has an appetite and is actually able to keep a little of food down. Funny how Hospice is the one taking care of all the things that docs should have been doing so she'd be better able to fight this cancer.

The only looming bit is that if she doesn't get back on the chemo treatment she has 3-6mo. But with all the positive changes that Hospice is helping to make, we have some real hope coming through.
Maru13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Maru13 on Sun Jun 23, 2013 12:51 am

So I got slapped with an ear infection and possible strep throat, still had to keep taking care of Kit and other stuff. Was worried she'd get what I had, but she was all like Nah Ma I'm gonna get Pink Eye! *facepalm* Yep, get to apply ointment to her eyes 4x a day(she's 13mo old) been pretty good for me on that part...so far. Still working on getting rid of my sickness crap and hoping not to get Pink Eye myself...

My Mom is doing better, she actually has an appetite and is feeling stronger, and wants to try the chemo treatments again. Which is great, fabulous! though she still wants to work out all her funeral arrangements with me tomorrow. I know it is something that should be done, just incase, but freakin A this is going to be difficult.

Oh and other awesome thing, apparently Fred Perry but out a bunch of his Gold Digger issues upon DA for free download. o.0 so hazzah I can finally catch up on Gold Digger! *happy dance*
Maru13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum