Alcohol - Cause/Effect

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Alcohol - Cause/Effect

Post by Maru13 on Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:14 am

I am not sure what everyone's experience is with alcohol and those that abuse it. And while I might have a drink once in a blue moon, I rather dislike it being drunk in large quantities, since I never know if someone's happy-drunk could become mean-drunk. I have a low tolerance for drunks, due to personal experience and I take myself out of the situation as if I get pushed to deal with a drunk it will not be pretty...for the drunk >.> Oddly enough I have been drunk twice, once when I was 14, my cousins thought it was fun to slip me drinks. Then a couple new years back, thought it was ok since I was with friends. But I guess one of said male friends was being 'too friendly' and didn't look right so instead of hubby actually coming over and getting me out of the situation he just sat back and got pissed at me. Yes I recall the whole thing, and said friend was going over pressure points and another friend was there talking and making sure nothing happened. But it looked funny. The next day had to have a long talk with hubby about the whole thing as I had trusted my friends as well as him to remove from a situation that didn't look right. Not get jealous about how it looked and just stomp off, so since that trust was broken I haven't let my self get even remotely drunk.

My other reason for not tolerating drunks, is from experience with a bad drunk. One that would smash/throw things when the mood came as well as be verbally abusive. Problem was that it was triggered by hard alcohol, so even when my mom told his friends not to let him drink it (he was her bf at the time) they let him anyways. Which led to him getting so smashed that he attacked mom, I was out with a friend, when I got home. Mom was in the house, he was in the garage. I took one look at her and kinda snapped, went out into the garage and just verbally chewed him out, even daring him to him me cuz I'd be the shit out of him worse then he did to mom. This all coming from a twig of a 13yr old girl. Since then I can't tolerate drunks that go stupid/mean. If they are the silly/happy types I'm ok with them.

Over all I don't really care for alcohol, I wont stop someone from drinking, unless I have a good reason.

So...What are you're experiences with Alcohol?
What do you think of it over all?
How do you handle/deal with drunks? if you've ever been around someone drunk
Have you ever been drunk?

Maru13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Alcohol - Cause/Effect

Post by sirlionelnigelconrad on Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:21 am

Ah the immortal ethanol, cherished throughout time and abused by every culture under the sun. Few drugs have been so widely used by mankind and stayed so strong throughout history.

I enjoy alcohol for the historical value. There are few human values or customs that have stayed the same throughout most of history. Certainly we have had music, food, and other beverages, but none have stayed so pure and timeless as alcohol. Some even have plausible evidence that alcohol, mainly in the form of beer, allowed for civilization to flourish. Some even further argue we exist today only because of the fermented drink.

Ah but the problems, the problems of purposely poisoning people, you list them well. Angry drunks, abusive drunks, abuse of the drunk, not to mention the added "slowly killing yourself" from overconsumption.

I personally have not dealt with many drunk people. I prefer to drink at home, not out and about. Countless problems from the drive home, the unsafe environments, risky behavior, not being in full control of your facilities, and the prices charged are insane! No, I drink at home or at a friends. Cheaper, safer, better.

I generally do not drink enough to become drunk, or remember it at least, and have never really had a hangover. However I just discovered Malibu coconut rum and let me tell you if anything I'm getting drunk on that little slice of heaven!
sirlionelnigelconrad

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Maru13 on Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:37 am

That is true...I have some friends that are trying their hand at making mead(sp?). Which I think is something that is an acquired taste. ^^; Oh and another makes cordial, that is good. He made a batch for our wedding and it was a hit.

I agree with you on being out and about and not drinking, it just feels too risky. As well as the cost is crazy.
Maru13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top