Crysandrean Wait
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

dealing with headaches/migraines

4 posters

Go down

dealing with headaches/migraines Empty dealing with headaches/migraines

Post by Maru13 Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:29 am

How many of you get headaches? and how many of those turn into mind numbing, eyeball piecing, gut wrenching migraines?

I'm one of those people that get headaches from my sinuses, especially when the weather goes all funky. And sometimes those headaches escalate to migraines even when I do take meds. The other added bit to my migraines is that I have to go to a chiropractor regularly or my migrains become almost chronic. I have an appointment later today, but have a sinus headache that is flirting with becoming a migraine.

So as for a discussion bits:
Do you have sinus issues that lead to bad headaches?
Do you have regular headaches that turn into migraines?
Ever go to a Chiropractor?
Maru13
Maru13

Back to top Go down

dealing with headaches/migraines Empty Re: dealing with headaches/migraines

Post by Fai Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:38 pm

I'm prone to migraines. There are several things that cause them, but usually it narrows down to constriction of the blood vessels in your brain. Dehydration can cause migraines, so the first thing you should do is try drinking plenty of water.

I had a three day long migraine caused by an upper sinus infection. My nose didn't feel clogged, but my dad told me that's what it was and gave me a reactine/claritin/whatever and it cleared it right up. Not that I have allergies, but the allergy meds sure tackled the symptoms.

So regular sinus infections can too, but it's that upper cavity that drives you nuts. Try drinking a tonne of water, see if it helps. The changes in barometric pressure fucks me over too for these and in that case I don't find anything really helps. :C
Fai
Fai

Back to top Go down

Post by Maru13 Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:26 am

I am drinking more water, and had taken an allergy med as well as a multi symptom pain med. Neither really helped because of how my back can get if I miss too many adjustments.

I found out that one of my legs is 9mm shorter then the other. Which throws off my hips, shoulders, and neck. In the neck part it pinches the nerve that is connected to my sinuses. So if I am good and go every month I have fewer if any migraines. But I got screwed money wise and couldn't go for like 3mo so yeah...I shouldn't have that issue anymore as my insurance is finally going to cover the adjustments.

Still going to drink more water as I need to anyways. but feeling better since I got my adjustment yesterday. I hate migraines, they can put me out for an entire day. >.<

Maru13
Maru13

Back to top Go down

Post by Fai Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:17 pm

Ah, well then that's really the only thing there is to do for it. D:
Fai
Fai

Back to top Go down

Post by sirlionelnigelconrad Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:13 pm

Water is simply wonderful! I drink it all the time in a pint glass, and in a cup at work.

Drinking water instead of soda or other liquid caloric intake can save you countless calories over a year. It helps keep your teeth clean between meals. It is surprisingly healthy for your body to have a good amount of water intake every day. I had headaches a lot as a kid from the soda I drank (I think) so I started drinking just water. My headaches are few and far between now.

Naturally everyone's body is different, and what works for one person may not work for another, but drinking plenty of water is universally recognized as "good for you."

I would also personally suggest having a few cups of tea a day. There are many health benefits which I won't get into, but you should check it out.
sirlionelnigelconrad
sirlionelnigelconrad

Back to top Go down

Post by Konti Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:25 am

I think that I'm a lot like you, Maru. I have scoliosis and spina bifida actually (neither of which I can spell) and they affect my posture and nerve endings for sure. I've never been to a chiropractor, but I do suffer constant headaches as at least one migraine a week, usually.
I guess I mostly tackle the problem with pills. Usually some asprin, excedrin, or motrin helps (can't spell any of those either).
But I have found that my problem was also caused by long periods of sitting, and long periods of staring at bright computer screens, which cause me to squint a bit. I've been having far less headaches since I've started adjusting my posture & standing up every now and then (even at work); drinking more water, and lowering the brightness levels on any screen that I have to look at (even my 3DS) to the lowest possible setting where I can still view it without too much effort.

Here is another neat trick for all of you, that my dad learned from a nurse long ago. If you have a headache: relax, close your eyes, lean back if you can and imagine the left half of your forehead and the right half of your forehead drifting, rippling away from the center of your forehead.
I can attest to this working for me, and I've had friends who said it worked too!
Konti
Konti

http://deokai.wix.com/deo#!

Back to top Go down

Post by Maru13 Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:47 am

Asprin and Excedrin are the only pills that work for when ever I get bad headaches that end up becoming migraines. When I was pregnant and had migraines all I could do was to take tylonal and have a glass of coke(and yes my doc/nurse recommended that).

My job has me sitting a lot and staring at a computer screen, so I take breaks get up and stretch/walk ect. I have glasses...somewhere that are set to reduce the effects of computer screens(forget the exact term). Which reminds me I need to set up for my annual eye exam. *facepalm*

I've been getting back to my juice/tea drinking...I'm a little weird with water as to me there is an obvious taste with certain taps as well as bottled water. *shrugs* if it is good water I drink a lot of it ^^
Maru13
Maru13

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum