OCREMIX The length of the title for this topic must be ranging between 10 and 150 characters

View previous topic View next topic Go down

OCREMIX The length of the title for this topic must be ranging between 10 and 150 characters

Post by sirlionelnigelconrad on Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:12 am

Is anyone a fan of OC ReMix? They have been around a good while, I recall listening to their songs on internet radio though the two-thousandsies. More or less they are remixes of video game based music, in various rearrangements. Most are chiptune or instrumental, but some have vocal. The budding collection is now over 2500! You can download free torrents of their arrangements on their site, or browse for individual songs.

http://ocremix.org/

Anyone else remember them from the olden days? Or enjoy video game music?
sirlionelnigelconrad

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: OCREMIX The length of the title for this topic must be ranging between 10 and 150 characters

Post by Fai on Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:32 pm

I can edit the title minimum requirement, if you'd like. C:

As for OC remix, I haven't heard of them before now. ;~;
Fai

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: OCREMIX The length of the title for this topic must be ranging between 10 and 150 characters

Post by sirlionelnigelconrad on Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:46 pm

Haha it is fine, I thought it was a weird limit, but the title is just that much more awesome.

It was a pretty "underground" thing for awhile in the early 2000's, becoming more mainstream in the last 5 years or so. A number of people asked for their work to be removed from the "official" OcRemix archives and started their own competing service, but it never went anywhere. Some came back and promised to behave.

These days they are quite selective in what they allow in. The remixes tend to span every genre, so you may not expect that one song from such and such game to be a rap, or a ska. All very entertaining to listen to anyways.
sirlionelnigelconrad

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Fai on Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:53 pm

Ah I just haven't been through all the basic settings. I switched posts per page to 10 instead of 15 to be more like crys. But there's lots to go through!

I usually just don't listen to remixes, and that's probably why I don't know them. xD
Fai

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sirlionelnigelconrad on Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:11 pm

Here is one of them with vocals. It was a big hit back in 05 in some circles. An actual good vocal to a Zelda song!

FYI the songs are free to download on the site and free to share. You can read the site FAQ section for any questions. I think the only rule is you have to leave the credits inside the mp3 for who made the song and the site ID.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/5134198/music/Legend_of_Zelda_Ocarina_of_Time_Falling_Back_OC_ReMix.mp3
sirlionelnigelconrad

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Konti on Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:43 pm

Sir Conrad, that was amazing; the LoZ vocal remix of the Gerudo Valley song!! o__o

I'd heard of OCremix years ago, but now you've got me re-visiting the site and actually making serious listens.
I'm nerding out over here and it's wonderful, thanks for sharing! xD
Konti

View user profile http://deokai.wix.com/deo#!

Back to top Go down

Post by Wyakin on Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:46 pm

Never heard of them, but it does sound like the kind of thing I would like.

I actually have a whole playlist of games, films and TV series songs, as well as a few random bands I like, to keep me entertained on long car journeys. That Zelda song is definitely being added to it!

Wyakin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top